We are always actively looking for additional employees who are excited about the opportunities that Hermann Sand & Gravel and Missouri River Towing can provide for their professional advancement. Positions include:
|Dredge Crew||Daytime shift, home at night. Working on the dredge, barges, and heavy equipment mining material from the river at Hermann or Jefferson City. Prior experience preferred but not required.|
|Deck Hands||28 days on – 14 days off, live onboard. Barge handling and equipment maintenance. Prior experience preferred but not required.|
|Mate||28 days on – 14 days off, live onboard. Prior experience preferred but not required.|
|Engineer||28 days on – 14 days off, live onboard. Prior experience required.|
|Captain||Trip-work or fulltime; 28 days on – 14 days off, live onboard. Valid USCG Mariners credentials required.|
All applicants are required to possess a valid driver’s license, and are subject to drug and fitness testing.
Full-time employment provides full benefits including training, return to work and employee referral bonuses.
If you believe you have what it takes, please apply for a job with the attached application. Click Here to Download Application. You may email your completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 573-486-1407.
We are seeking a Port Engineer with River Experience. Attached is a brief job description.
Responsibilities for Port Engineer:
- Schedule and coordinate required vessel inspections, necessary maintenance, and repairs
- Coordinate and oversee shipyard repairs.
- Manage USCG/TSMS internal and external surveys
- Work closely with vendors and management on a daily basis.
- Handle special duty assignments requested by company management.
- Monitor and verify work done by shipyards or outside technicians.
- Follow repairs per OEM specifications
- Liaison with the vessel Chief Engineer/Captain on required maintenance needs.
- Responsible for managing and closing non-conformities and deficiencies in a timely manner
- Monitor and coordinate vessel certification inspections with external and internal customers.
- Regularly attend vessels while on dry-dock.
- Work with vendors/company personnel, requesting fleet spare equipment be dispatched to support the upkeep of the vessels.
- Responsible for ordering of supplies and spare parts necessary for repairs or maintenance.
- Assist in the development and modification of preventative maintenance plans for vessel equipment.
- Create and maintain a critical spare list for each vessel including location and status of each critical part
- Ensure the engineering procedures and policies are periodically reviewed, modified, and implemented.
- Ensure the implementation of programs, best practices, and policies for Maintenance personnel to achieve an injury-free workplace
- Authorized to approve on-site repairs within budget set by Company Management
- Negotiates prices and timelines for parts and repairs
- Responsible to ensure the company is covered for all Emergency response, spill response, and mitigation of accidents involving vessels
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Knowledge of fueling procedures, boat construction, engine repairs, and river systems is required
- Knowledge of USCG regulations is required
- Experience in fleet maintenance or boat/barge design and construction in marine transportation or shipyard environment is preferred
- Previous boat maintenance competence (diesel engines mechanics), extensive structural design of towing vessels and propulsion competence in marine transportation
- Must possess the ability to supervise others, facilitate teamwork and provide functional direction.
- Must possess the ability to communicate professionally and effectively through normal channels, including meetings, email and phone
- Excellent computer skills and understanding of office productivity software such as Google G Suite or MS Office is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining careful attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Ability to effectively resolve issues in a timely manner using sound judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to demonstrate high degree of professionalism.
- Ability to learn new programs and software including Marine CFO.
- Effective problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow and work within the Core Values of Hermann Sand and Gravel, Inc and Missouri River Towing, LLC.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Maritime industry experience required
- Diploma or Degree from a Technical Program Required
- Must hold a valid Driver’s License and a TWIC card